This training is aimed at secondary food teachers, primary teachers, anyone serving food in schools such as breakfast, after school club or catering staff
With recent changes to both the primary and secondary Cooking and Nutrition Curriculum and the forthcoming new Health Education Curriculum, food safety training is essential for school staff. This training will help staff to deliver comprehensive food education that meets statutory requirements. Pupil’s safety must come at the forefront of all practical food work, considering potential hazards, risks and control measures. This training will give staff greater confidence when teaching. This training is also applicable to those handling or serving food in school including before and after school club staff or members of school catering. Learners gaining this qualification will know that food safety is the responsibility of everyone involved in the storage, preparation, cooking and handling of food. Trainers: Jan Oversby, Food Safety Trainer, Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance Siobhan O'Mahony, Nutritionist and School Food Advisor There is a cost of £75 (above SLA packages) for this training to cover the cost of the accreditation through the HABC. Lunch and refreshments will be provided. This course can also be delivered as a bespoke course or full staff training session in your school. Please get in touch with the Health and Wellbeing Service at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your bespoke session.
- Work towards Level 2 Food Safety (there is a short exam to be taken on the day).
- Understand the potential risks, hazard and control measures needed to deliver a safe food curriculum.
- Learn about food allergies.
- Understand how to store and prepare food safely.
- Increase confidence to teach pupils about the importance of food safety in school and at home.
- Know how to write a bespoke risk assessment for your school or catering service.
- Gain an internationally recognised qualification in food safety (subject to the outcome of the exam)
Please note that an additional charge of £75 (above the SLA) will be applied to this training to cover accreditation costs. The breakdown of prices are as follows:- Schools with no service level agreement £315 (this covers 1 delegate place including accreditation cost) Leeds schools with a basic service level agreement package & Schools from outside of Leeds with SLA options three - five - 1 delegate place = 2 training credits + £75 accreditation cost. Leeds Schools with full SLA £75 accreditation cost. Schools from outside Leeds with SLA Option Two receive 50% off the full price (to include the accreditation cost)
- The £75 accreditation cost will be raised to schools with a current Health & Wellbeing Service SLA after the training event has taken place.