This event will provide you with all the skills, tools and confidence to really make a difference to packed lunches at your school. Healthy packed lunches promote equality and inclusion for all, aiming to ensure that no child goes without good nutrition.
Delegates will learn about the importance of healthy, affordable packed lunches and effective strategies for implementing a policy or guidance.
This practical and informative training event is based on the Leeds evidence based packed lunch guidance and toolkit that have been informed by city wide consultation and endorsed by Leeds Youth Council.
The guidance and the child-friendly toolkit includes a template policy, surveys, lesson plans, menus, parent letters, tips, leaflet templates, posters, assemblies and much more. There will be an opportunity to order a copy of the resource before or at the training event.
- Meet criteria outline in the new DfE healthy schools rating scheme, working supportively and cohesively with pupils and parents together
- Understand the importance of encouraging healthier packed lunches
- Develop your own bespoke packed lunch policy or guidance to meet the needs of your pupils and families
- Identify strategies to engage and motivate pupils and parents
- Ensure your policy is aligned to the school food standards and the Leeds policy
- Monitor and regulate the contents of packed lunches
- Hear from other schools about their experiences of implementing a policy for packed lunches
- Gain ideas and tips for easy and low cost packed lunches
Health & Wellbeing SLA credit value = 1 credit Cost: £125 per delegate. Schools with a current Health & Wellbeing SLA may be entitled to pre-paid places subject to sufficient available training credits. The full 'PAYG' price will be applied if you have insufficient training credits. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Nursery, Primary and Secondary school staff including school catering and senior leadership.