Find out about important changes to the free school meals application process, universal credit, transitional protection and how to maximise your FSM supplementary grant. This course will be delivered in partnership with Leeds Benefit Service.
This informative and worthwhile training course is ideal for anyone who works with children and families. Delegates will learn key information about free school meals, eligibility criteria, pupil premium, sign posting and much more.
Through practical activities and discussion, delegates will explore barriers and solutions for supporting pupils and families to take their free school meal entitlement. The course will help schools to eliminate stigma and help more children and young people in Leeds to receive a healthy and nutritious meal in school.
- Know which families and pupils are eligible for a free school meal
- Be able to understand the difference between universal infant free school meals and income assessed free school meals
- Understand the potential impact of universal credit
- Understand the importance of the school meal for health, nutrition and attainment
- Identify strategies for increasing your free school meal take up
- Know how to maximise your pupil premium
- Be able to sign post families to local and national support services
- Gain knowledge of the School Food Standards
Please ensure you arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of the training and leave sufficient time for parking. Health & Wellbeing SLA credit value = 1 credits Cost: £125 per delegate. Schools with a current Health & Wellbeing SLA may be entitled to pre-paid places subject to sufficient available training credits. The full 'PAYG' price will be applied if you have insufficient training credits. For further information please contact email@example.com
School administration, inclusion team, senior leadership, learning mentors, family support workers, catering staff, parent support advisors or school business managers etc.