The Primary Art CPD Package sessions will look at how Art, Craft and Design can be delivered effectively across a school, considering curriculum, progression and assessment.
Delegates will have the opportunity to reflect, discuss and share best practice with colleagues from other schools.
Session 3 will focus on the CRAFT aspect of the National Curriculum programme of study. Within the primary curriculum, craft can often be ‘lost’, despite having links with Maths, Science and STEAM. Craft education develops creativity, inventiveness, problem-solving and practical intelligence. It also produces the makers of the future. This session will include:
- A national overview of craft in the UK and recent schools work
- Consideration of both individual and collaborative approaches to craft and how craft connects with other areas of learning such as maths, science or technology
- Practical skills development
- Develop an understanding of craft within the twenty first century
- Explore a range of 'makers'
- Participate in practical activities, using different materials, which link with subjects across the curriculum
This is Session 3 of the Primary Art CPD Package. This course can also be purchased on a pay as you go basis for £125 per delegate. Schools who have purchased the 'Support for the Arts' package can access this course at a discounted rate of £95 per delegate. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the booking options.
Primary Art subject leaders; class teachers