The Primary Art CPD Package sessions will look at how Art, Craft and Design can be delivered effectively across a school, considering curriculum, progression and assessment.
Delegates will have the opportunity to reflect, discuss and share best practice with colleagues from other schools.
Session 2 will focus on the Design aspect of the National Curriculum Art, Craft and Design programme of study.
Art creates wonder, awe and inspiration. Design meets a need and can make people’s lives better. This training course will explore where and how 'design' fits into the Art, Craft and Design Programme of Study. It will look at how design can be taught in a meaningful way, that is distinct from Design and Technology. There will be practical activities to support subject leaders to develop their knowledge and understanding of this aspect of the Art, Craft and Design National Curriculum.
This session will be delivered by Anna Pickard a practising teacher, artist and art in education specialist who has taught art across Primary and Secondary schools for over 17 years.
- Develop an understanding of the Design aspect of the Art, Craft and Design programme of study
- To explore the design process and how it supports subjects across the curriculum.
- To build knowledge of designers and their impact on modern life
- To participate in practical activities that can be replicated in the classroom
- To plan a design scheme of work to use in your school.
This is Session 2 of the Primary Art Subject CPD Package. This course can also be purchased on a pay as you go basis for £125 per delegate. Schools who have purchased the 'Support for the Arts' package can access this course at a discounted rate of £95 per delegate. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the booking options.
Primary Art subject leaders; class teachers