The briefing is aimed at Head Teachers and senior staff at schools with responsibilities for data protection. It will provide an overview of the new General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Bill. It will focus on the key changes and responsibilities that schools will need to consider, and provide guidance about what to do to ensure compliance with this new Framework.
The briefing will focus on GDPR requirements that schools have a specific interest in and a need to focus on, including, but not restricted to the following:
- The lawful basis for processing, including obtaining consent from children;
- Rights of individuals, e.g. right of access, right to object, and right to erasure;
- Records of processing activities;
- Managing and reporting of personal data breaches;
- Data Protection Impact Assessments (currently Privacy Impact Assessments);
- Role of the Data Protection Officer;
- Contracts with data processors;
- Enforcement and regulatory action.
Delegates will leave the briefings with:
- An understanding of the new Data Protection Framework being introduced in 2018;
- A better understanding of what is required to make schools compliant with the GDPR;
- An ability to put in place an action plan to implement key requirements and initiatives to comply with GDPR.
Please note that booking is restricted to no more than 3 delegates per school/setting.
To ensure a prompt start please can all delegates arrive in plenty of time. Registration and refreshments are available from 3.30pm.
Head Teachers, governors and senior staff at schools with responsibilities for data protection