Using film within your classroom can be an effective way of engaging pupils and enhancing subjects across the curriculum. This hands on session, is designed to provide teachers with the practical skills and confidence to support their pupils to make films, using an iPad and iMovie.
During the session, delegates will:
Presented by Craig Lawson; an Independent Film Producer with over twenty years’ experience of the media industries. Craig is Lead Producer at Access Moving Image; an award winning production company produces entertaining and thought provoking films for cinema and internet audiences, along with highly effective communication films for business clients in the private, public and third sectors.
- Learn how to use a range of filmmaking techniques in a classroom context
- Explore how film can enhance enjoyment and understanding of the curriculum and impact on attainment
- Understand the life skills that are developed through filmmaking.
- Develop an understanding of film as an creative art form, including exploring the importance of editing, crafting and ‘framing’ a shot and how to create a coherent story through visual imagery
- To understand the different roles involved in filmmaking and how these can be applied across different groups, times and scales.
- Find out more about Film Club and the Leeds Young Film Golden Owls Awards 2018
£60 NB If your school has purchased the Art/s Subject Leader Package, a member of staff can attend this training for a cost of £45
Suitable for KS1 and KS2 teachers