A training course for frontline practitioners and school staff that will support your school to increase free school meal uptake and maximise pupil premium.
This informative and worthwhile training course is ideal for anyone who works with children and families. Delegates will learn key information about free school meals, eligibility criteria, pupil premium, sign posting and much more.
Through practical activities and discussion, delegates will explore barriers and solutions for supporting pupils and families to take their free school meal entitlement. The course will help schools to eliminate stigma and help more children and young people in Leeds to receive a healthy and nutritious meal in school.
The course will include an expert guest speaker from Leeds Benefit Service.
- Identify families and pupils who may be eligible for a free school meal
- Be able to understand the difference between a universal infant free school meal and income assessed free school meals
- Understand the potential impact of universal credit
- Understand the importance of the school meal for health, nutrition and attainment
- Identify strategies for increasing your free school meal take up
- Know how to maximise your pupil premium
- Be able to sign post families to local and national support services
- Become up to date with the School Food Plan and the School Food Standards
Please ensure you arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of the training and leave sufficient time for parking. Cost:
Further queries please contact email@example.com
- Free to Leeds authority schools
School administration,senior leadership, learning mentors, family support workers, catering staff, parent support advisors or school business managers etc.