Support and development training for teachers with responsibility for D&T and Key Stage 2 teachers
This full day, hands-on course aims to develop delegates’ confidence and practical expertise in some of the more technically demanding aspects of design and technology at KS2. The course will start with a strategic overview of D&T , including key issues raised by Ofsted, and strategies for planning, progression and assessment. The remainder of the day will be used to develop practical skills, techniques and know-how in mechanical and electrical systems and to produce teaching aids that can be used back in school. The course will include:
Please note, there is an additional charge of £10 per person for materials and equipment which will be used in the workshops. Delegates will be able to take their projects away with them.
- Ofsted and primary D&T – key issues and strategies for the subject leader
- Ensuring progression in children’s learning
- Developing an assessment system
- Long and medium-term planning
- Workshop 1: Electrical systems
- Workshop 2: Mechanical systems, focusing on gears and pulleys
- Develop a clear understanding of what D&T is
- Have an overview of EYFS and NC requirements in D&T
- Receive guidance on effective D&T planning across all primary phases
- Gain practical strategies for leading and supporting colleagues in school
£250, including materials NB If your school has purchased the Art/s Subject Leader Package, a member of staff can attend this training for a cost of £10 (to cover materials). This would be your Session Two option. Additional places can be booked at a discounted rate of £220 (including materials).
Primary D&T subject leaders, Key Stage 2 teachers