This interactive, full day course will provide a range of inspiring ideas and practical strategies to help you implement these requirements, whilst raising standards in D&T across your school.
You will be introduced to a variety of high quality, user-friendly resources that support curriculum planning, teaching and learning, as well as frameworks that promote progression in children’s D&T capability. The course will include:
Delegates will have the opportunity to evaluate ‘Projects on a Page’ the primary national scheme of work for D&T and the comprehensive 2016 ‘Primary D&T Subject Leaders’ File’. Course leader: Gareth Pimley, Primary Education Consultant Building on his experience of teaching in Shropshire primary schools and eighteen years with Shropshire Advisory Service, Gareth Pimley is now a freelance primary education consultant. He provides advice, support and training in design and technology (D&T) to schools, local authorities, companies and other organisations. Gareth has a national reputation for his work in D&T, having previously been seconded to the Design and Technology Association as Assistant Chief Executive. He is a member of the National Curriculum Expert Advisory Group for D&T and was a major contributor to the final draft of the National Curriculum 2014 programmes of study. Gareth is the Lead Primary Consultant for the Design and Technology Association.
- When is it D&T? When isn’t it D&T?
- Securing authentic contexts for children’s learning
- Overview of the EYFS and National Curriculum requirements for D&T
- Guidance on effective curriculum planning in EYFS, KS1 and KS2
- Design and Technology Association’s Progression Framework – age-related expectations and developmental steps that inform planning, assessment for learning and monitoring
- Practical strategies for leading and supporting colleagues in school
- Design and make challenge – developing designing skills, making skills and technical knowledge
ArtForms Arts SLA schools- One place included through SLA. Additional staff at a rate of £190 Non SLA schools- there will be a charge of £220 for this training session.
Suitable for Primary D&T subject leaders/co-ordinators