This session is suitable for anyone whose work involves supporting those who have experienced a sudden or traumatic type of bereavement.
The aim of the course is to help develop a greater understanding of the effects of a sudden or traumatic death and how this may complicate the grieving process.
- To gain an understanding of how the traumatic nature of death may impede grief
- To develop a greater understanding of how bereavement by suicide may complicate loss
- To gain confidence in providing support to those affected by sudden and traumatic death and recognise the role of schools and families to assist in processing their experiences.
- To develop strategies and creative interventions in working with children in schools.
- To increase awareness of the impact on us when working with those bereaved by sudden and traumatic death and explore ways to support ourselves.
- To gain information about Child Bereavement UK and other support organisations and resources available.
Leeds local authority schools with a current Health & Wellbeing SLA will receive the training at a reduced price of £50.00 per delegate. Leeds authority schools without a current Health & Wellbeing SLA will be charged £100 per delegate. The delegate rate for schools or settings beyond Leeds authority is £199.00