The Leeds Cultural Education Partnership (LCEP)* in partnership with Noctua and YITSA teaching schools are hosting a programme of events in 2018/19 with a focus on ‘Embedding Arts, Culture and Heritage in your Curriculum’
The programme aims to support schools to consider how they might enrich their curriculum and broaden pupil experience by engaging with the arts, culture and heritage offer in Leeds and beyond.
A Briefing Meeting for Headteachers and Senior Leaders took place on Tuesday 27th November 2018. This meeting included a Skyped presentation from Susan Aykin, HMI and National Lead for Visual and Performing Arts. Susan spoke on the importance of a broad and balanced curriculum with particular reference to the Arts.
Schools can now book on Sessions 2 and 3 through Eventbrite and there is a discount available if both sessions are booked together.
Session 2: A Creative Curriculum Design Workshop for Heads and Curriculum Leaders
Friday 1st March 2019, timing TBC at Leeds City Museum
Aimed at heads and curriculum leaders, this event will explore how to adapt and design a curriculum which embed arts, culture and heritage within your curriculum to meets the needs of your pupils:
• How do you ensure curriculum coverage?
• What does progression look like?
• What evidence will you get?
• How does your curriculum influence and support attainment in the core subjects?
This session also includes a ‘marketplace’ of arts and cultural providers who can support your school.
Cost: £94.91 Tickets are available on Eventbrite - Session 2
Session 3: A Conference for Classroom Practitioners
Friday 14th June 2019, timing TBC at the Carriageworks
‘An Arts, Culture and Heritage Curriculum in Leeds’
This exciting day will include practical hands on workshops delivered by a number of experienced arts, culture and heritage providers. Covering different art forms including art, music, dance and drama, this will be a great opportunity to upskill teachers and raise awareness of the local support available.
Cost: £58.23 Tickets are available on Eventbrite - Session 3
Session 2 and 3 combined cost £136.83: Tickets are available on Eventbrite Sessions 2&3
For information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
* The Leeds Local Cultural Education Partnership (LCEP) was established in September 2017 in response to Arts Council England’s Cultural Education Challenge. The partnership has a wide membership and brings together arts, cultural, educational and community organisations and the local authority to ensure a joined-up arts and cultural offer for children and young people.